Sunday 18 May 2008

Mounting cs200cad


The devices are easy to mount.
The issue is to find the right spot for all devices on the bike because even if you place then within the range suggested by Polar, some spots seem not to work properly.
Therefore I recommend you to buy some extra cable tie for mistakes.


The speed sensor - Place the sensors as near as possible to the steering.



I chose this spot for my cadence device. It was the only place that I could imagine safe enough. I mean that its the most protected spot so that I wont kick it. I am a disaster breaking things :)

If you choose the same spot bear in mind the direction that you mount it (see next pic):

So... the device should be tilted as well in for that direction!

Now the computer unit:First I mounted it on the same side that I had fixed the other devices. Which for me makes sense since the computer will have a free way to communicate with the other devices. But of course :) it didn't work. Sometimes it read the speed but no way to get cadence to work on this spot:

Then I changed it to the middle of the steering which performed the final config.:

Everything seem to work so far. The cadence sometimes takes long time to show up. A good tip is to start riding with the computer on your hand and bring it close to each device for 5~10s. After that just place it on the steering and it remains reading.

OK, lets ride for a while... :) I'll come back later with more reviews on recording data and transfer it to a PC!

No comments: